Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Run Adobe Illustrator on Surface Pro X

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm considering buying the new Surface Pro X that Microsoft will release on November 2019. However, I wonder if Surface Pro X can run Adobe Illustrator or not ?

Thanks,

Nuttapol R.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Surface Pro X . It does surprisingly well for a lot of tasks. Connect it to a screen and keyboard and it feels like a full size computer. However, Blender will push it to its limits very easily. Illustrator , works just fine, but it's not very smooth for more complex projects. I don't know Fusion.

The touch pen is ok for taking notes, I haven't really spent much time drawing with it yet. The few times I did, it was the software that felt the most limiting. I haven't really found a drawing program that works for my purposes yet. I used to have an XP-Pen Artist 12 Pro display drawing tablet and I believe Artist 12 Pro is much better for drawing.

I use headphones and the mobile mouse on the go. Its a really nice elegant compact computer that won't take up much space in your backpack, and I really enjoy using it. But for heavy computing tasks you may want a more powerful machine, dedicated GPU, a more stable clamshell design and a larger screen.

I don't use a USB dongle on the go, but I use the surface dock at home to connect all the peripherals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surface Pro X include ARM CPU, not Intel CPU.
Surface Pro X can only emulate x86 applications.
Illustrator 2020 cannot be used because it becomes a 64-bit application.
Illustrator 2019 can be used because it is a 32-bit application, but since it is emulation only, Adobe will not guarantee operation.
Since 2019 will not be available in the future, it is likely that the results will be unpredictable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

En este caso cual recomendarias (quitando Mac por supuesto) pero para el mundo microsoft que Notebook recomendarias.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines