• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Same Cloud in different devices - Illustrator version is not the same!

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community, Im coming to you since the IT deppartment is not sure how to proceed. I have a PC at the office and a laptop at home, both are linked to my CC account. Due to Covid and the whole working from home situation I've been using the laptop since march, and now that we're returning to the office I noticed a problem. My team and I use Illustrator at work and Im not able to work on my PC anymore. Here's the situation: laptop is windows 10 version 1803 and Im using Illustrator version 24.3, on the other hand, the PC is windows 10 version 1709 and Im using Illustrator version 23.1. My cloud doesnt show me the option to change the version to the 24.3, I only see the option to upgrade to 25.0 and that is not a possibility for me. What can I do? Right now Im using both laptop and PC at the same time so I can get my work done. 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Sync and storage , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. You need to upgrade your Windows machine to install the Adobe Illustrator 2020(v24). Windows 10 Build 1709 is not compatible with it.
Adobe has releases Adobe Illustrator 2021(v25) which is compatible with the latest Windows 10 Build 2004. You need to update both your machines to get the latest release.
Please find detailed information about system requirements on this help article. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I’m not sure but in CcDApp when Right clicking the update button it shows multiple version options, so you are supposed to be able to chose the 24.3 version.

The other suggestion is to update both computers to 25...

Why can’t you update to latest version?
Any third party Plug-in compatibility?

JM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. You need to upgrade your Windows machine to install the Adobe Illustrator 2020(v24). Windows 10 Build 1709 is not compatible with it.
Adobe has releases Adobe Illustrator 2021(v25) which is compatible with the latest Windows 10 Build 2004. You need to update both your machines to get the latest release.
Please find detailed information about system requirements on this help article. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines