Same fill color

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I created this flower in the picture attached and vectorized it. There are some really small areas that I want to recolor but using the paint bucket tool is taking a long time so I tried to use the Same --> fill color option but it is grayed out. Can someone please help me figure out a better way to select all of the white in the image and fill it with a color at one time?

thanks so much! screenshot.jpg

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot with the Layer in the Layers Panel expanded or the ai-file itself (minus sensitive data)? 

To use Select > Same > Fill Color you need to have a path with that Fill Color selected, what did you start with? 

The Toolbar seems to indicate multiple Fills selected. 

Did you create the Color as »Global«? 

If so simply double-clicking it in the Swatches Panel allows to recolor all its instances. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

I already recolored using the recolor tool so unfortunately I cant take a screen shot of the layers when the issue was occuring. It's possible I was not selecting the specific fill color that I was trying to replace. I'm going to try that next time! Thank you for responding! Ill reach out if I have the issue again. 

Trisha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines