• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Same HEX code produces different HSB values in Illustrator and Photoshop.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subject pretty much says it all.

I'm desigining an email in illustrator, and trying to create a seemless connection between a portion produced in photoshop and a portion produced in illustrator. Typically no issue, but we are seeing the FAINTEST of differences... and then I noticed the HSB value, specifically the H is a percentage point off.

Photoshop (H value 12)

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 9.14.25 AM.png

Illustrator (H Value 11)

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 9.14.50 AM.png

And if I make the HSB value match, the HEX changes.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your RGB values look the same, probably a difference caused by rounding.

Don't worry it will not be visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats what I thought! I wasn't worried until an eagle eyed manager noticed it whie using PDF preview. I cannot for the life of me see it, but for now I'm assuming it's a previewing issue and not going to show on jpeg/GIF

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone can see the difference it is worth mentioning in the Guinnes book of records.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI it got rejected because it was more obvious once in mail chimp.

My color profiles are synced and everything, so weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who rejected this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once it was Split into panels, and plugged into Mailchimp the difference was visible.

It was flagged by the team building the email, and rejected by the marketing team as a result. I can see it in the screenshot, however it is 100% invisible in AI and as a JPEG export.

It's nearly invisible here, but the change is about halfway down this screenshot. It is def visible, but it makes no sense. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 4.09.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not the difference shown in your first screendumps, but a much larger difference.

I guess some conversion takes place somewhere. Are they (and you) using the same sRGB color profile?

JPEG compression can also change values depending on the quality settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we are using the same profile.

It looks like this in mailchimp, but you can also see it on one of our macs when viewing the PDF through the preview in outlook, but it doesn't show up anywhere else. Too bad as it would have been a cool effect. 

Pretty weird! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It can be the jpeg compression, jpeg changes the color numbers while png doesn't.

And if you use the hex value directly in the html code, it will be different from the exported jpeg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines