• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save a copy giving wrong file names - Illustrator 24.2

Participant ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update I noticed that AI is keeping in memory the last file name given in save a copy.

i.e. My document is called thing.ai. I save a copy "thing copy.ai" then when I save a copy again from the master document still open it will save as "thing copy copy.ai". Even if I give a custom name to the copy as "thing outlined.ai", the next save a copy will be "thing outlined copy.ai". 

Please note that I never changed the name of the master document.

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. It has been reported by a few other users as well and is currently under investigation. I would request that if you could upvote this issue here (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/40728973-illustrator-is...). This way you'll keep getting all the updates related to this issue.

Please stay tuned for updates, and thanks in advance for your patience.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might have been changed due to popular demand.

What you can do is report a bug/feature request: Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Popular demand? I miseed that one, can't imagine how is that a desired feature.

I'll post it there, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. It has been reported by a few other users as well and is currently under investigation. I would request that if you could upvote this issue here (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/40728973-illustrator-is...). This way you'll keep getting all the updates related to this issue.

Please stay tuned for updates, and thanks in advance for your patience.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines