• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save artboards as single files using artboard name

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to simplify my workflow. I often have to create upwards of 100 graphics for a proposals and like setting them all up in one AI document with many artboards; however, after the project is complete, I am required to submit a native ai file for each individual graphic. I have figured out how to save them as individual ai files, export, etc. What I haven't figured out is how to assign specific file names.

My client has a very specific naming protocol that I must follow. I've named each artboard based on the "slug" number of the graphic.

Is there a way I can have the artboard name be used as the file name when I do a Save As and then then separate into individual AI files? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

when you do a Save As to separate your artboards into multiple files, the files get saved as "original file name_artboard name.ai"

is that not working for you? if so, what are the file names you would like to have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines