• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save dialog shows 1 file-type [PS][AI]

Advocate ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming from OSX back to Windows after about 16 years or so there are quite some differences between the apps on both OS's. One of the bigger announces im seeing is the save-dialog missing "show all". 

Im am used to OSX and when doing a save we see all files.

According to this post on a Windows forum, this needs to be implemented by a developer. Its not on OS issue, other apps do show it.

See below both save dialogs from Illustrator as Photoshop only show the current file-types when you save from say web-export.

Is this a Windows thing or is it really a developer thing. I actually do notice same behavior from Visual Studio Code. That also only shows current active file-type chosen. Kinda weird UX if im honest

dialog photoshopdialog photoshopdialog illustratordialog illustrator

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As to show comparison from other application. In Chrome for instance we can set it to all under file-types. This will allow the use to show all files. Down side is that i think user needs to add an extension. Thats not difficult though.

Notice how now when i save i can view all files in a folder. This us way more convenient!

Chrome has all in file types which is more conveneint when saving filesChrome has all in file types which is more conveneint when saving files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is also a link to Windows developer page i believe. Its show thats it is possible, like Chrome already showed

They state its convenient for a user that file types are filtered. I dont find that actually convenient, it slow my workflow down. I dont always use the same types and want to know what is in a folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines