Highlighted

Save scaling for a template, Export artboard

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

can I save my scaling settings for different templates. E.g. I always want to have the scaling times 10 for a template. For template 2, the scaling should always be 1x.
However, I currently have to manually change the scalings again and again, because they are changed beyond the template.

Can it be helped?

greeting Heininger

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Myra_Ferguson | Adobe Community Professional

I'm not entirely clear on how you are defining "template," because you can save a template in Illustrator. I suspect you mean that you have content that you're using as a template in which you'd like to see one version of the content at 1x and another at 10x without manually resizing. You can do that by using symbols. Take your 1x version and convert it to a symbol (with the content selected, go to Window > Symbols then click the New Symbol button or press F8). Drag out an instance of your symbol and scale it to 10x. Whenever you have new content, edit the content in your symbol. Both instances will be updated.

Topics

Draw and design, Feature request, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Save scaling for a template, Export artboard

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

can I save my scaling settings for different templates. E.g. I always want to have the scaling times 10 for a template. For template 2, the scaling should always be 1x.
However, I currently have to manually change the scalings again and again, because they are changed beyond the template.

Can it be helped?

greeting Heininger

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Myra_Ferguson | Adobe Community Professional

I'm not entirely clear on how you are defining "template," because you can save a template in Illustrator. I suspect you mean that you have content that you're using as a template in which you'd like to see one version of the content at 1x and another at 10x without manually resizing. You can do that by using symbols. Take your 1x version and convert it to a symbol (with the content selected, go to Window > Symbols then click the New Symbol button or press F8). Drag out an instance of your symbol and scale it to 10x. Whenever you have new content, edit the content in your symbol. Both instances will be updated.

Topics

Draw and design, Feature request, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines