• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving a PDF at a certain zoom level

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2011 Jun 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Illustrator file that I want to save at different zoom levels (100% & 200%). I have to save these out to PDF's but once I open them Acrobat opens them to a certain dimension. Is there a way to manipulate the zoom and save feature in the document of Illustrator without having my users do it in Acrobat?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2011 Jun 23, 2011

You can do it with a Batch processing in Acrobat. In Acrobat 9 it would be from Advanced>Document Processing>Batch Processing as follows

Picture 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to set the initial view in Acrobat. Open the file in Acrobat and from the File>Properties>Initial View choose a zoom level (Magnification) that suits you. Then save the file. It will assume the new view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind this is going to hit thousands of users is there a way I can do this type of thing inside illustrator rather than instructing my users: "Please do these steps" ? Thanks for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to do that before sending out the PDF. Once YOU set the initial view it will carry over when you send out the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh OK thanks, I didn't know I had to do it in Acrobat. I'm trying to find an easy, automated way to do this so that some of my staff can do quickly and easily. No solutions inside of Illustrator that I can write a script or action?? Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it with a Batch processing in Acrobat. In Acrobat 9 it would be from Advanced>Document Processing>Batch Processing as follows

Picture 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Larry, sir. You saved my life!!! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but how do i find this setting in Acrobat Pro DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be in a similar place. I don't have Acrobat DC installed on this computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. If that is critical, you explicitly must define an initial view in the PDF doc in Acrobat and save it again. However, since obeying it is a user setting in the prefs, there is no way you can force your users to view a specific zoom level. You are very much wasting your energy even going through the effort....

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 12, 2011 Jul 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to do this when you save from Illustrator. I have Illustrator but not Acrobat.

Thanks if anyon can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2011 Jul 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it's not in the PDF options on saving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10 years later, still not a feature... Setting an initial magnification view from Illustrator PDF Export would be wonderful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's more frustrating — these options are all available in InDesign, and have been for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to save entire pdf of 999pages in a certain zoom. 

How Can i do it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines