Highlighted

Saving after Image Trace

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Revised Question about Image Trace. Can anyone out there answer my question as a simple Yes or No. 1. When I use image trace within illustrator and I am happy with the settings I have made and it conpletes the trace do I need to click on Expand or can I bypass the expand and just save the trace as an svg file - Yes or No. Cheers Bruce.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

When saving to exchange formats (PDF, EPS, SVG, any kind of vector file), live objects will automatically be expanded.

It might still be a good idea to expand it manually, in case you want to optimize the result. But it is not needed.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Saving after Image Trace

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Revised Question about Image Trace. Can anyone out there answer my question as a simple Yes or No. 1. When I use image trace within illustrator and I am happy with the settings I have made and it conpletes the trace do I need to click on Expand or can I bypass the expand and just save the trace as an svg file - Yes or No. Cheers Bruce.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

When saving to exchange formats (PDF, EPS, SVG, any kind of vector file), live objects will automatically be expanded.

It might still be a good idea to expand it manually, in case you want to optimize the result. But it is not needed.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruce,

I believe the answer is No and Yes, but have you tried both and compared (somewhat like the proof of the pudding)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 0