• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving back to a multi-page PDF deletes pages.

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing a multi page pdf. I am doing the following:

1. Open the Pdf
  2. Enter a page # in the Range box (2 for example)
  3. change something.
  4. Save

The resulting pdf only has the page I was working on (Page 2) and all the other pages are gone. I know this wasn't always the case, I've definitely gone and edited each page of a PDF in the past. What setting have I managed to change that it's removing all the other pages when I save? I've tried this in Ilustrator 2019 and 2020 with the same results.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to do a round trip the PDF must be saved with Illustrator Editing enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a PDF which was created from Word via Acrobat Pro. There isn't any option in that workflow to enable Illustrator Editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you still have the original file? Can you use the saved copy of the changes to replace the same page in the original?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines