• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving error in Adobe Illustrator 2020 24.0.1

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this error since updating to Illustrator 2020, but it seems the latest update has not fixed it.
"Illustrator is unable to save this document... due to some unexpected errors"

When saving immediately afterwards everything saves fine.

Any idea when a further update willbe released to fix this annoying little bug?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care. This is not a generic issue.

WHere do you save your files? Does that happen with all locations? On a server? On local disk? in a sychronized folder?

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All files saved to one central server, but believe it also hapens when saving locally (desk top).

Will contact adobe for further assistance. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution to this? 

I am having this identical problem - just trying to save inside a folder on the desktop. Anytime I go to save an .ai file for the first time, it gives me that error. I save again, it saves fine. If you were able to find a resolution I would be very interested, I'm not finding much info online about this issue! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version and system is it?

Do you save into a synchronized folder?

Do you have a printer installed, turned on and set up as the default printer?

Printer driver up to date?

No longer accessible printers uninstalled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!! I have this same issue from months... do you found a solution to this?
Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution to this - I've had this error off and on for a few months now - Illustrator version is kept up to date/current - I'm now not getting the error message pop-up but Illustrator still isn't saving on the first attempt, but will on the second attempt - having to be careful to check that it has actually saved. Just working on an imac and saving to the internal hard drive. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This is not the usual behavior of the app. Would you mind sharing version of the app & OS? Also, does it happen with every document?

Have you tried resetting preferences? If not, please try doing that by following instructions below:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

Let us know if it helps. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines