Highlighted

Saving Illustrator 2021 files insanely slow, AIRobin maxes out processor

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed a weird problem when I save files in Illustrator 2021 on my Mac, if they're over about 10MB in size.  The save progress gets to the point where the temp file says it's 9.8MB, and then the "Saving XX%" stalls at whatever percent it was at.  AIRobin then maxes out the CPU, and then the save progress will eventually move up a few percentage points at a time, until it finally finishes saving and AIRobin goes idle.

The big issue (besides taking 15-20 minutes to save a file to an internal SSD, which used to be instantaneous, or nearly so, with AI 2020) is that if the file's big enough, the i9 in my MacBook Pro gets pretty freakin' hot after running maxed out for 15+ minutes.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Saving Illustrator 2021 files insanely slow, AIRobin maxes out processor

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed a weird problem when I save files in Illustrator 2021 on my Mac, if they're over about 10MB in size.  The save progress gets to the point where the temp file says it's 9.8MB, and then the "Saving XX%" stalls at whatever percent it was at.  AIRobin then maxes out the CPU, and then the save progress will eventually move up a few percentage points at a time, until it finally finishes saving and AIRobin goes idle.

The big issue (besides taking 15-20 minutes to save a file to an internal SSD, which used to be instantaneous, or nearly so, with AI 2020) is that if the file's big enough, the i9 in my MacBook Pro gets pretty freakin' hot after running maxed out for 15+ minutes.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2020 0

Have something to add?