Highlighted

Saving in illustrator issue

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I was trying to save my image that I made out. But unfornately it also saves the parts which are not supposed to be visible outside the rectangle. How can I eliminate that issue?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Doug A Roberts | Adobe Community Professional

Is the orange square also the extent of the artboard? In which case, check 'Use Artboards' in the file browser window when exporting.

TOPICS
Draw and design, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Saving in illustrator issue

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I was trying to save my image that I made out. But unfornately it also saves the parts which are not supposed to be visible outside the rectangle. How can I eliminate that issue?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Doug A Roberts | Adobe Community Professional

Is the orange square also the extent of the artboard? In which case, check 'Use Artboards' in the file browser window when exporting.

TOPICS
Draw and design, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you saving it? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was tryingn to save via "export as"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file type are you exporting it as? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that rectangle also the extent of the artboard?

Did you check 'Use artboards' when exporting?

Did you use Export for Screens, or Asset Export, or Export As..., or Save for Web?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I only need the image till the orange square. 1:1 ratio. I used export as to save the image. But as you can see the white part is also being saved as a part of the image.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow...that worked!! Thank you so much!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Resources