• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving tiled pages as PDFs. How to take artwork out of overlapped area

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am digitizing dress patterns and I'm trying to figure out how to have an overlapping area so those who print can tape the pages together without losing any of the artwork.  I have figured out how to do that, but the print is in that overlapped area and it will confuse people and it won't be overlapped and taped properly.  Is there a way to take the artwork out of the overlapped area so it's just blank white paper?

Thank you

Sandra

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show screenshots or sketches of what you want to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

Attached are to images. One is a screen shot of illustrator and how the lines of the pattern piece shows in the overlapped area. Also attached is an example of what I'm hoping to accomplish.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Again, thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Monika,

I'm checking in again to see if you can help me with my question.  I would really appreciate a response.

Attached are images that will assist you with my question.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could set up artboards in the size of standard paper? DIN A 4 or letter size probably? And then put the artwork on it. Maybe apply clipping masks.

I don't know that industry or how people use these templates or how experienced they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I can try that thank you. I have a pattern drafting software, but I just found out that I cannot sell patterns I draft within it with the current version I have. So I'm hoping to make it work in Illustrator.

It's very frustrating 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines