• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scale multiple items by specific size without moving their positions

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to scale / tranform 30 - 40 circles from .5 to .25 that are in specifice locations, without moving the circles when scaled.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks

Danny

AI CS6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Apply the Distort & Transform --> Transform effect or use Object --> Transform Each

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Try using Object>Transform>Transform Each with the following

Screen shot 2013-04-22 at 8.44.59 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a variation on this question. I have 30 circles on a map of various sizes. I want to scale them all to be the same size, keeping their center points the same. Doesn't appear this method works since there is no option to specify the exact size.

Any Illustrator version: use the script "Set all the things" by John Wundes

Current version: convert all your circles to live shapes and then adjust their size using the transform panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what we do if we want to scale 40 px object to 24 px form transform each option .

transform each shows the percentage of scaling how someone type correct percentage to transform each object

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

manojk63856826  wrote

But what we do if we want to scale 40 px object to 24 px form transform each option .

then you scale it by 60%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

manojk63856826  schrieb

transform each shows the percentage of scaling how someone type correct percentage to transform each object

Use the script "Set All the Things" by John Wundes. www.wundes.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the script (Set All the Things), but what if I want to change only one value (height or width), and keep the original proportions for the other one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first field in the script says <width,height>. If you want to adjust the height but leave the width unchanged, delete <width,> or type height. In the next field, type the value (in points) that you want for the height of all selected objects.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there other properties that you can type in besides width and height? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good solution down there. Adjunct question: How to do the same with an exact amount so, for example, every object in selection becomes the same exact width as every other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaron,

there are scripts to do that. One that I'd recommend is generously provided by Josh Duncan.

Match Objects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Kurt! I'll check it out. At a glance it looks much more evolved than the old one I found (which does still work though):

Set ALL the Things

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines