• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scale of line weights when printing to PDF

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hope someone can help I am working on a large POS Plan with artwork and It is at 1:1 scale (over 2.5m wide) I want to print to PDF from Illustrator and scaling down to A4 rather than saving as a PDF due to file size and my client wanting to print off at A4. My problem is that when I Print to PDF to scale down to A4 the linewight goes that thin it wont print out. Is there a way to Print to PDF and scale up the lightweights so they come in thicker? TIA

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

James,

Keeping the original AI artwork, you can scale a copy down in two steps and have Scale Strokes & Effects ticked in one step and unticked in the other step.

Obviously, you need to get a suitable stroke weight, so you can decide the Stroke/line Weight on the A4 PDF and:

1) Divide the current Stroke Weight by that number and use that downscale factor in the first step with Scale Strokes & Effects ticked,

2) Untick Strokes & Effetcs and scale further down to the desired size.

To illustrate, if you wish to scale down by a factor 10, and if you wish to have the A4 PDF Stroke/line Weight at half the original value, you can scale down by a factor 2 in 1) and by a factor 5 in 2), because 2 * 5 = 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines