Scale Proportionally with anchor point

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I am looking to do is resize an object to match a second object. However, when I do it keeping to scale (holding shift) it moves all of the sides. What I want to do is line it up on the bottom and then resize it without it moving from the bottom, therefore making it easy to match the top. I attached a video to further explain. 

I have not been able to find anything like this in the questions. I don't really know how to word it so maybe that is the problem. 

Thanks 

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite sure about what issue you are talking, but I can imagine that you may want to try out the genuine Scale tool (hit the S key), rather than scaling with the bounding box.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the Free Transform tool (below the Scale tool). 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines