• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scatter brush artifacts

Participant ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to use scatter brush to create about a thousand circles. But scatter brush creates artifacts that make it hard to do further adjustments to color and position. The screen shot is a small version I created for isolating the issue.

I created 4 circles using scatter brush, then did Expand Appearance, Ungroup, set Fill to red, and set Stroke to black. The North circle shows the result. Note the black-red-black-red at the perimeter.

On the East circle, I set the Stroke to 2 which hides the issue. However, the stroke is not 2; it’s maybe a 5?

The South circle was Ungrouped again, then separated to show the two components. Note that the one that is not filled cannot be filled.

The obvious solution is to simply delete the artifacts like I did in the West circle. Then I have full control over the position and the RandomSwatchesFill script works well. But I have maybe a 1000 circles I need to create.

Is there a way to easily delete all of the artifacts?

dales47029873_0-1609006810599.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

When you said "The brush is merely a circle" I assumed that meant it was a round shape drawn by the Ellipse Tool with a fill and stroke applied, then turned into a brush. That turns out not to be the case.

This illustration shows the deconstruction of the brush into its constituent parts, including a color change simply to show that the body of the circle is a filled path with no stroke.

The isolated black circle is revealed as a closed path with black fill, so it's not a stroke. In outline mode

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show the artwork for the brush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The brush is  merely a circle, so no artwork.

Possibly the key is that Expand Appearance "places the components of the expanded path in a group. Within the group are a path and a subgroup containing the brush stoke outlines." The subroup is what I want removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share the AI file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to upload a file other than to start a new post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could just upload it to Dropbox or the like and post a link in the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you said "The brush is merely a circle" I assumed that meant it was a round shape drawn by the Ellipse Tool with a fill and stroke applied, then turned into a brush. That turns out not to be the case.

This illustration shows the deconstruction of the brush into its constituent parts, including a color change simply to show that the body of the circle is a filled path with no stroke.

The isolated black circle is revealed as a closed path with black fill, so it's not a stroke. In outline mode you can see the two rounded, overlapping "ends". When a black stroke and red fill are applied to this path you get something like your North result. So, I think a brush that is in fact merely a circle would get you where you want to go.

Peter

tromboniator_0-1609062542662.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines