Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screenshots are blurry?

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am using Illustrator for work, and I send proofs to the customers. However, when I take a screenshot the image is blurry and the resolution is bad. I am using the newest version of Illustrator, I use Windows, I have a 1920x1080 monitor, and I've tried several methods for taking the screenshots as well as saving as PNG and JPG. It looks perfectly fine on Illustrator on my computer, but the screenshot looks so bad.

I really need to get this fixed because it's important for my job. 

My boss will use the same exact template files, and will take a screenshot and it'll look great. However, when I do it on my PC it looks very poor. I will attach a screenshot from my PC and from my boss's Mac. 

Here is my screenshot 

Here is a higher quality screenshot from my boss's Mac. 

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I've tried everything I can think of. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots would be nothing to do with Illustrator, it would be whatever you're using to screenshot. Just export to JPEG if you need an image, it gives you much more control over the resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good idea actually, and that seems to help with the resolution problem! 
EDIT: I don't know if that will really work. These are big 36x24 files, so when I export them there are like 10,000 pixels wide.. It creates a huge file. A screenshot is much smaller yet I'm still lost about the blur.

I did some testing though, and it must be something with my Illustrator because:
I did the work on my PC, and sent the raw file over to my Macbook, where I took a screenshot. The quality is low. So now I'm wondering if there's something that's happening when I open up the template files that decreases resolution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export them to wahtever resolution you like. Why are you using raster images for this anyway? For something that size I assume you are printing, in which case a PDF is better in every way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that, this is simply to send a proof to the customer online to make sure everything looks correct before printing. How do I choose a smaller resolution for export? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It'sall about the on-screen rendering. I asume your boss has a Retina enabled Mac. Perhaps your Macbook is old and doesn't have that.

PCs do different rendering.

But why do you send a screenshot at all? And if it is to protect your work then why do you even care about the quality of the screenshot? If it's just for proofreading then all the client needs to be able to is to read it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That seems to be the issue though, in a lot of cases it isn't readable. However I think I found my workaround  which is to export a copy for web, and send them that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines