Highlighted

script access to transformation frame

Contributor ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

is there a way to detect transformations applied to an object? In the UI, I can just rotate / scale / shear art items, and until I reset transformation frame, I can see how the object was transformed. I would like to do that from a script.

It seems there is no script access - could the matrix be accessed from an SDK plugin?

TOPICS
Scripting, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

script access to transformation frame

Contributor ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

is there a way to detect transformations applied to an object? In the UI, I can just rotate / scale / shear art items, and until I reset transformation frame, I can see how the object was transformed. I would like to do that from a script.

It seems there is no script access - could the matrix be accessed from an SDK plugin?

TOPICS
Scripting, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 19, 2020 0
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator stores applied skew angle and rotation angle inside dictionaries, you can access dictionary entries using Dictionary suites (using SDK), I am not sure about scripting, but there is probably an option there too.

Search for following Dictionary keys: BBAccumRotation, BBAccumShear.

Hovewer, in some cases Illustrator does not store those values, not sure why (i think it is the case when you apply transformations using transformation panel), and depending on object there is no way to get transformation matrix.

For example, if user creates path art (rectangle) and then apply skew transformation using transform panel (shift+f8) Illustrator first do expand, then transform points of path, this is now new transformed path object with new points, to get original path you need to have angle to apply inverse transformation, but you cannot get applied skew angle using SDK. In this case neither user can reset transformation.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/script-access-to-transformation-frame/td-p/11220995?page=...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @birnerseff,

maybe here you will find some more informations.

How to get the angle of an object ? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 1
Enthusiast ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour!

Pour ce qui est de la rotation et BBAccumRotation,

On le reconnaît d'après le rectangle de sélectoin:

Lobjet rouge PathItem
Tag: (BBAccumRotation , 0.785398)

L'objet bleu PathItem

No tag

renél80416020_0-1593029580455.png

De elleere j'ai toute une série de scripts sur ce sujet me contacter par mail.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
Participant ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Тако је пријатељу, све смо ми тебе разумели.

Лепо сам написао да понекад Илустратор не враћа податак о ротацији или смицању објекта. Mоже да се деси да податак о извршеној трансформацији не постоји, свакако ниси нам дао детаљан опис свог проблема.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
Enthusiast ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salut MilosR

Il semblkerait que tu as de gros problèmes ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 1
MilosR LATEST
Participant ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My friend, I am willing to help, and how can I help you if i do not understand you. I do not have a problem if you write in your own language, but you see that here we talk in English. I did same thing you did, that's all, write in my own language. You can always create a new thread and use any language, i wont complain. What the discussion would look like if everyone posts in their own language.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 1