Highlighted

Script Action to sleect Key object from bottom layer.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It's possiblle to select key object from selected layers ?

Key object may be always first layer from all selected.

I need this to my action.

Thanks for help.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Script Action to sleect Key object from bottom layer.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It's possiblle to select key object from selected layers ?

Key object may be always first layer from all selected.

I need this to my action.

Thanks for help.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 06, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or how to align objects from each other for example 1cm. I need this for action so then I couldn't select the key object.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately they don't let us assign a key object via scripting to my current knowledge, so we get around that by making a custom script that works in as many scenarios that take as little work to make. For example, if the art is path items and stroke matters, we use the pathItem.visibleBounds property instead of the pathItem.geometricBounds. This gets worse when doing clipped things, but for most cases you can do some calculations and move the items using the .top and the .left properties or using a translation method.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
majk5E3A LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to do it if I have 3 objects. I want everyone to be 1cm apart. I want to add this to an existing action.

Thanks for help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0