Highlighted

Script to rename artboards to filename + specific suffix

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to create a script or action that renames my artboards to the filename + a specific suffix. 

In the example below with the file name U101-G001.pdf I'd like the artboards to:

U101-G001_fty

U101-G001_th

is this possible?

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 2.41.07 PM.png

This is pretty close. I don't need the extention.  I was able to cobble below together and it works, but lots of code. 

// Add filename to artboard plus custom suffix, set below "New Name 1", "New Name 2", "New Name 3"

var aDoc = app.activeDocument;

var which_artBoard_to_rename = 1; // set number of the artboard you want to change - should be 1 or higher; max = max number of artboards in your document

abIdx = which_artBoard_to_rename - 1;

aDoc.artboards[0].name = aDoc.name.substring(0,aDoc.name.lastIndexOf("."))+"New Name 1"; // set the new name here

aDoc.artboards[1].name = aDoc.name.substring(0,aDoc.name.lastIndexOf("."))+"New Name 2"; // set the new name here

aDoc.artboards[2].name = aDoc.name.substring(0,aDoc.name.lastIndexOf("."))+"New Name 3"; // set the new name here

Topics

Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Script to rename artboards to filename + specific suffix

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to create a script or action that renames my artboards to the filename + a specific suffix. 

In the example below with the file name U101-G001.pdf I'd like the artboards to:

U101-G001_fty

U101-G001_th

is this possible?

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 2.41.07 PM.png

This is pretty close. I don't need the extention.  I was able to cobble below together and it works, but lots of code. 

// Add filename to artboard plus custom suffix, set below "New Name 1", "New Name 2", "New Name 3"

var which_artBoard_to_rename = 1; // set number of the artboard you want to change - should be 1 or higher; max = max number of artboards in your document

aDoc.artboards[0].name = aDoc.name.substring(0,aDoc.name.lastIndexOf("."))+"New Name 1"; // set the new name here

aDoc.artboards[1].name = aDoc.name.substring(0,aDoc.name.lastIndexOf("."))+"New Name 2"; // set the new name here

aDoc.artboards[2].name = aDoc.name.substring(0,aDoc.name.lastIndexOf("."))+"New Name 3"; // set the new name here

Topics

Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

var doc1 = app.activeDocument;
doc1.artboards[0].name = doc1.name + "_fty";
doc1.artboards[1].name = doc1.name + "_th";

Alternatively:

var suffix = ["_suffix1", "_suffix2", "_suffix3"/*et cetera*/];
var abs1 = doc1.artboards;
for (var i = 0; i < abs1.length; i++) {
  abs1[i].name = doc1.name + suffix[i];
}

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yours is good - but not exactly what the OP wants.

I think it should be more like that:

var nme = doc1.name.replace(/\.pdf/i, "");
doc1.artboards[0].name = nme + "_fty";
doc1.artboards[1].name = nme + "_th";

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines