Highlighted

Script to sort objects by color value

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am needing to make a map legend using some 180 colors. What I want is to be able to arrange the objects filled with the various colors by color value. Light to dark, Cool to Warm, etc.

The other thing I'd likek to do is be able to grab all the objects and add their various colors to the swatches panel.

Help?

Or am I doing this totally bassackwards?

I did, as a notr, figure out a way to do this manually but it's painstaking. Dup the objects, convert to grayscale then group gray version with color version and use the gray to refrence light to dark.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Script to sort objects by color value

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am needing to make a map legend using some 180 colors. What I want is to be able to arrange the objects filled with the various colors by color value. Light to dark, Cool to Warm, etc.

The other thing I'd likek to do is be able to grab all the objects and add their various colors to the swatches panel.

Help?

Or am I doing this totally bassackwards?

I did, as a notr, figure out a way to do this manually but it's painstaking. Dup the objects, convert to grayscale then group gray version with color version and use the gray to refrence light to dark.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 22, 2020 0

Have something to add?