• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scripting - saving without adding to recent files

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to be able to save a file from a script (actually, from a CEP extension) without having it added to the 'recent files' list in Illustrator.

I've tried to use the technique suggested here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/open-from-recent-documents-list-with-a-script/td-p/894889... to simply remove the files I don't want from the recent files history, but it seems like when I read those preferences, they're stale (as in, the new files that have been opened or created since Illustrator was started aren't included.) Is there a workaround for this?

Of course, it would be better to just have a way to specify when saving or opening a file, not to add it to the recent list. Is that possible from the scripting API?

Thanks, 

- Brian

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As per thethread that you have shared here is the updated version

var pref = app.preferences.getStringPreference("plugin/MixedFileList/file0/name");
alert(pref);

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update! I don't see these in my preferences file on disk ("Adobe Illustrator Prefs")... are they stored somewhere else? How many entries should I expect are present (is there another preference that will tell me?) Is there a way to get a list of all the preferences in use? (I noticed that there is a data marker and a size marker parallel to this in the preferences file; are there similar parallel items here?)

I look forward to trying this out!

- Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Are you using Mac or Windows?

You canread following articleto find location of Illustrator preferences file.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#:~:text=Press%20and%20hold%20A...

Let us know if you are able to find that file. When you are able to find that file. You can search for the word " MixedFileList", which contains information about recent files. What I tried is I removed all values inside the file0 object and it removed the recent file from the list. But this file is always updated when you quit the application. 

So, here are the steps that I did manually

1. Create new file

2. Save it somewhere on my disk.

3. Quit Illustrator

4. Open Preference file and empty object file0 and save the file.

5. Open Illustrator again and file not present in the recent list.

Let us know how it goes for you.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines