• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ScriptUI progress bar trouble

Valorous Hero ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a ScriptUI progress palette which works ok under normal cicumstances, but in a current project there's a need to do Photoshop processing via BridgeTalk inside of a polyfilled forEach loop.

Ordinarily I'd put the progress palette before the loop start and close it after the loop ends.

However since it goes to Photoshop using the bt-sync method (which helps not send the entire script to Photoshop and then once more back to Illustrator), the palette stays open and most of the time you can't close it although it has a close button.

So I just put it inside of the loop by creating a new one each iteration and use .close() to remove them before it gets to the Photoshop part. This lets the user see the progress bar and text at least for a little while.

This was semi-acceptable, but I found that sometimes but not all, up to several of these still stay open and as before, most of the time they can't be closed.

Besides, the Illustrator process goes into saving a bunch of files during which time it goes crazy and goes unresponsive, hiding a lot of its windows from sight - maybe or maybe not, affecting/breaking/making useless the progress bar - which I'd like to stay on and visible at all times.

So, does anyone else have a good progress bar solution for such issues?

I can make a replicable code sample sometime later, I know this is probably hard to see what I am talking about without a runnable sample.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

post a sample script we can play with

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines