Scrubby zoom just stopped working.

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Illustrator CC 2015.3 and I was using the scrubby zoom feature as normal and then I accidentally hit some mystery keys and now the zoom feature doesn't work.

I opened preferences and animated zoom is still checked, but won't work.

Halp, can someone please tell me what's going on?

I've noticed this happens sometimes when I open back saved files from older versions of illustrator, but it happened this time in a new document I made.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jun 16, 2017
Monika Gause Adobe Community Professional , Jun 16, 2017
Try View > GPU PreviewOr check the Preferences > GPU acceleration

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try View > GPU Preview

Or check the Preferences > GPU acceleration

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response!

I have already tried both of those things though

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When did you last restart the computer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi darylfrances,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It is document specific as well and just happens randomly while I am working on something. I can close and re-open the document and the problem will persist, but if I start a new blank file the scrubby zoom will work fine. It is driving me crazy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SpaceDustConstruct,

Thanks for the information. I would request you to please share some more information like:

Operating System (Exact Version of Windows or MAC)

Version of Illustrator

Graphics Card your system has and when it was updated last time?

Where are files are saved(System folder or some shared or external drive)? How does the file work if you copy paste it to desktop and open directly from the desktop?

Also, please try to reset preferences to defaults and check how it works? ( How to set preferences in Illustrator )

Please update the discussion if the issue is resolved or if you have any further query.

Regards

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved the problem for me. Had to select "Preview on CPU" and then reselect "Preview on GPU".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i only got mine to work deleting preferences

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness - not being able to drag zoom has bugged me for about a year. Changing to CPU preview did it. Thank you sooooo much! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, go to View > "Preview on GPU" fixed it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines