• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seamless Pattern Question

Participant ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi help required. Please accept my limitations I have a sort space dyslexia so things like the following question vex me but may be so obvious to others. I always say there is no such thing as a stupid question.

I have been wracking my brains over how best to convert a P1 pattern swatch into an AI pattern swatch. I create these patterns on my iPad in a third party software and then convert/refine them in AI. However P1 conventions do not work in the pattern tool in AI.

I attach an example where if the clipping mask is shifted horizontally the pattern is formed but when shifted vertically it needs nudging left or right to align the shapes. In this case its 6.3183 pixels left or right.

Is there something I am missing? Is there a work around (apart from stacking clipping masks manually and shifting each one to locate top/bottom and sideways) that I just can't see?

All help greatly apprecaited. 

NB; I am using latest version of AI

Asset%201

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Un peut trop rapide il y un léger défaut dommage.

https://share.orange.fr/#NVKl11g0Sg3817f5242f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I know that there are naming conventions for patterns. However I can't remember which is which. So P1 says nothing to me.

Also: please show screenshots of what exactly is not working.

And then: did you already take a look at Illustrator's pattern editing mode?

Illustrator will do no shifting when applying a pattern. It can only do bathroom tiling. So whatever you are doing for the logic of your pattern, you have to do before creating the tile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika. Thank you so much for your response. As I thought there is no solution it requires some upfront creative thinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour Gerrys,

https://share.orange.fr/#b6GsDyosox3817f50f21

Si cela peut t'aider...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Un peut trop rapide il y un léger défaut dommage.

https://share.orange.fr/#NVKl11g0Sg3817f5242f

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rene, thank you for taking the time to share these files your efforts are greatly appreciated. Have a nice weekend. Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rene, it is so simple once we know how. I think I figured this some time back but forgot. Once again thank you for your help. Apologies my written French is very poor. Have a nice weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines