• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select all objects visible in view

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to select all objects visible in view?
I'm doing touchups to an urban plan and need to fill all building blocks on city level by manually closing the openings with paths, to then select the objects and the use shapebuilder to join them.

The file is too large to use select all on, as the selection alone takes half a minute. So I am hoping I can somehow just select everything visible in view with a hotkey prior to using the shapebuilder tool, though I don't see such a tool in the select window....

TOPICS
Feature request , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Hi.

For this massive work, I highly recommend you FindReplace Art from Astute Graphics.

You can try it for 7 days, but it lets you select specific objects, save that selection, or replace it with another one.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there is no such selection routine available at the moment. The Lasso tool may help sometimes.

I can imagine to use a workaround, but it may be helpful to first provide a sample Illustrator file, so one may have a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

For this massive work, I highly recommend you FindReplace Art from Astute Graphics.

You can try it for 7 days, but it lets you select specific objects, save that selection, or replace it with another one.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines