• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting Black as fill

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having an issue for a while, I have an object that has no fill (or no stroke) and I try to select black (#000000) from the color picker and it will not add black to my object. I will have to choose another color first, then change it to black(#00000) after.

So I can choose black (#000000) after another color at any point, but to go from no fill to black does not work at all. Is there a setting I've unintentionally selected? Or am I looking at some sort of bug?

I've attached a screen recording of the issue.

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it behave the same when you actually draw the objects on the artboard, not off-canvas? Looks like yet another of the pentazillion GPU acceleration errors in AI...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is the same either way. I just went off the artboard so that it was easier to demonstrate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can repeat that behaviour (also in older versions).

After selecting a no fil/no stroke object and clicking the color picker, it looks like black is selected, but clicking OK fills the object with white.

Better to use the Color panel or the Swatches panel.

You may want to report it here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this continues to be an ongoing "glitch" from the older versions into the most recent update. I have gotten used to filling with another color first and then 100% black on those rare occasions I use 100% black. But most often I don't use 100% black, so that takes care of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines