• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature request: Selecting/Deselecting Sides of border

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post is a feature request of something that I would like Adobe to improve upon.  When creating borders around paths and shapes, wouldn't it be nice and convenient for us to be able to select or deselect the sides that we choose for the border?

Let's say you have a rectangle but only want a border on one side.  We should be able to choose one side only by deselecting the other three sides.  The work around for this is to draw another rectangle as the border for the one side.  It works, but isn't as convenient.

To make this work the border option would have to work by creating a path around the object.  Then we should be able to break the path by removing any sides where we don't want the border.

Maybe it's just me.  I'm always looking for ways to improve a program.  Food for thought.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to get the attention of Adobe engineers for your feature request, please post it here in the feedback section of uservoice. Be as explicit (and concise) as you can, and include sketches, screenshots, or brief videos if available.

It's fine to post in this forum if you want to solicit responses to your ideas from other "just us folks" users, or ask us to upvote it, but this is not a major staff hangout.

In point of fact, I'm a bit unclear as to exactly what you are looking for: adding a stroke to just one side of a polygon? Something else? Something visual might be helpful.

Thanks,
Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines