• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

selection layer problem

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a selection problem, I added a frame with mask to my illustration test, and the other layers disappeared from the layers window, I can no longer select and reappear the layers " normal ", only the mask layer is present. Thank you in advance for your help.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

It's an opacity mask you applied to the clipping mask.

The dotted underline points to opacity masks.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-17 um 13.44.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

When you click the mask in the Transparency panel you can see it in the Layers panel.

mask layer.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I closed and saved the project. By opening Illustrator the problem is solved, so it was apparently a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, now the layer with mask as deseapear of the layers list but is present in the image, i don't understand, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Transparency panel and try to click on the left icon. It look like you are selecting an Opacity mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a frame with mask and it disappeared from the layers, it is impossible to select it in the image ... Thanks in advance for your help !!

https://we.tl/t-4r8jOy1bCy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what you try to show, but did you check the Transparency panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for your answer, in fact I notice that a layer has disappeared on the list of layers but on the other hand it remains visible in the image (it is the frame with a white gradient because it was a rectangle with opacity and clipping). I can't make it visible anymore, is this a bug?, Thanks in advance.

https://we.tl/t-VcUMhiQQpx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you see in the Layers panel depends on what you select in the Opacity panel, the Opacity mask (right icon) or the masked objects (click the left icon)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see one option in opacity panel (it's aspect panel i find it) but the real problem is for example that ctrl + Y see that the rectangle with white opacity in the center of the frame not exist, he has like desapear of the objects, it is the major problem i see, no possibilities to have access to option opacity for this rectangle because it's not more exist. But it's steel visible in the image on the center, it's a rectangle with part of it with a mask opacity created. I can try to repeat all the process to see if it's a bug or a mistake from me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an opacity mask you applied to the clipping mask.

The dotted underline points to opacity masks.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-17 um 13.44.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click the mask in the Transparency panel you can see it in the Layers panel.

mask layer.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, thank you very much, i try this : When you click the mask in the Transparency panel you can see it in the Layers panel., but the layer don't want to appear, so i find an other solution : i must select the rectangle first ( the largest with green and blue inside), and then the transparency panel is opened with the opacity mask inside. Now i understand better. Here is the capture to show that the layer rectangle must be selected first; Thank you

https://we.tl/t-kdtHpiaYvy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines