• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selection Tool Glitching

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My selection tool is acting like my direct selection tool in Illustrator on my MAC. I was using the type tool and went to move my box and it was acting like this. I've attached screenshots to show I am on selection and not direct selection when it's happening. How do I toggle this off??Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 9.16.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-26 at 9.16.30 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks to me like the selection tool is doing what it's supposed to do. It is selecting objects with all of the points selected. In your bottom screen shot every point is solid which means fully selected. If you were using the Direct Selection tool then all of the points would be hollow. In your top screen shot the entire area type box has been selected with all of the corner points solid. What exactly do you see as the problem here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the confusion, so normally when for example my text box is selected with the selection tool I can resize the text box. However, now I can't do that, it only lets me move it (with the blue points) and  in the second picture it should just put a box around it so I can resize it or rotate it but it's not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try View>Show Bounding Box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try CMD + SHIFT + B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANKYOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines