• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selection tool is missing bounding box... show bounding box not available

Contributor ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My selection tool is missing the bounding box, i am unable to transform anything.

under View where show bounding box is suppost to be it is not.

I am using CS5... and JUST installed it, i haven't done anything yet.

please help!Screen shot 2011-06-16 at 5.02.44 PM.jpg

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

What happens if you use the Cmd(Ctrl)-H and then Show/Hide Bounding Box?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

It's command + shift + b on a Mac. Don't kow about PC. You just have to roll over your mouse back and then you see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

It's ctrl+shift+b for PC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The toggle for Bounding boxes is Cmd + Shift + B. See if it works.

If it doesn't it's no big deal. You've got tools for doing everything you need to do.

Personally I hate bounding boxes and am perfectly happy without them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it

The bounding Box Tool in the tools plug in was missing.

Must have happened when when i removed the Barcoade Tool Box from there...

Barcode Toolbox doesn't work with CS5 any more.

Thanks for the help tho.

Now, if Adobe could make the barcode toolbox work again i'd be a happy camper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2016 Sep 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thankyou so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i love you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I LOVE YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I've tried Cmd+Shift+B as well as going through the menu bar and manually selecting hide/show bounding box. The bounding box is still not there. I haven't touched the tool box as far as I know so I am up in arms as to the reason why it went away. If you have any insight please let me know!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you use the Cmd(Ctrl)-H and then Show/Hide Bounding Box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are the MEN!

Simple pressing Ctrl+H did the whole magic and issue solved!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this made my day considerably better! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the solution. 👍🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ME TOO! This has been happening to me for 2 years, the when i turn the bounding box on and off, it makes no difference, the screen appears like the bounding box is turned off. I cant see all the blue selection dots. What ever it is, it turns itself on or off randomly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I can see those anchors is if I go into outline preview.  Then I'm ok.  The minute I go out of outline then the selected anchors are not showing that they are selected.  I'm in CC for the Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't accidentally hit the Cmd(Ctrl)-H keyboard shortcut have you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not correct the issue earlier.  I've put 12 years of AI use toward and trouble shooting with no success.  It actually is not consistent when it happens.  I'm a high school teacher.  I created a basic illustration with no color fill and 9 layers for the students to see how changing layer orders affect a document.  ALL the Macs are two week old.  Running the same OS and newest CC version.  This morning the fill caused issues.   I opened it up made all the possible changes with bounding, without bounding, hitting control H once, then twice.  Tried control shift B, one then twice.  Then nothing.  I copy one layer and place it on a new document and anchors show up.  I closed the file, opened it again and the lines worked.  Moved the file to a network and then pulled it down.  The file worked.  Students copied and opened the file and no anchors or bounding boxes again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue when working with classroom in a book chapter 3 trying to make the curtains wider. I was able to get tehe bounding box with the hot key but no option in the show menu to turn it on or off. We are using CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's command + shift + b on a Mac. Don't kow about PC. You just have to roll over your mouse back and then you see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked: cmd + shift + b

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!  This finally worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I have tried all the above commands with no joy. The bounding box toggles appear when I want to scale an image but not when I want to scale a simple box.

Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. It's only on a rectangle... other shapes shows a bounding box but square and rectangles, nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just got this issue with Ilustrator this morning. I can't resize an object. I used to be able to just hold the command key and the shape would have handles appear. now it doesn't do anything, and i have to toggle to the transform tool in the tool menu.

any solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to me before but it's just here and there. Seems like a glitch but it's very annoying, indeed. I have had some luck with just quitting Illustrator and going back in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

checking out the shape tool, and just noticed that the rectangle and rounded shape tool displays differently in settings at the top bar. they appear to be "shape" objects. but when clicking on the elipse tool in that group, it's considered to be a "path" tool? does this have anything to do with this issue because with the elipse, i can create one and the handles are back on the objects, along with the other shapes in there such as the star.

in order to get the resize handles back onto the rectangular shapes, you have to convert them to path? why are these different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines