Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selection tool lagging while clicking objects - Mac

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I've been using Illustrator for a while and I constantly had this issue: when I use the Selection Tool (V), the item, image, line, vector group, no matter what I click, begins to lag and then automatically jumps to the location of my mouse, even though I simply clicked the item to select it and then moved my mouse, not clicked and dragged.

The object reacts as though I clicked and dragged, so I am forced to select an object, let the bug run it's course, while sometimes the rainbow wheel keeps turning, and then hit cmd +Z to undo the unintentional move.

I'm having this issues with and without the wacom tablet, even using the touchpad. And it's a problem that occurs only in Illustrator, the other Adobe programs work just fine and smooth. 

I am using a MacBook Pro, touchpad/Wacom Intuos S, and running BigSur 11.2.1 at the moment, but the problem was already showing with Mojave and Illustrator 2019.

Can you help me fix this problem for good?
Thank you

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

What else is running on your system? Screensharing, some mouse enhancements, ...?

Can you try and turn off everything else and see if the issue sticks?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Dictation service turned off in your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean the Dictation function in the MacBook keyboard settings, yes, it's turned off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What else is running on your system? Screensharing, some mouse enhancements, ...?

Can you try and turn off everything else and see if the issue sticks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe it.
I tried to turn off a tool I installed long ago, BetterSnapTool. Now the problem seems resolved, even though I don't want to jinx it saying out loud.
I'll contact the developer of the app and give him my feedback. 

Thank you Monika 🤩

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you could solve it.

Thank you for the feedback! This will help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the same problem with the Selection Tool, whether on AI 2023 or 2024. It lags and unnecessarily drags the selected object or nodes whenever I move the mouse or trackpad.

I am running AI on MacBook Pro M1 Pro.

I hope you can heklp me resolve the problem. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Magnet or a similar app installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Teleprod,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. I hope the suggestions Monika shared helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly try the suggestions shared in this help article (https://adobe.ly/49jlrTg) and share your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

No, I'm not using Magnet or similar apps. If it helps, my AI is running on MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1 (23E224).

Thanks,
T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No Proofpoint is installed on this laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines