• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selection tool not allowing resize

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2009 Mar 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything on this (although I've got eye problems tonight and may have missed it). At any rate, here is my problem...

I rely a lot on the main selection tool (the dark pointer) to select and resize my objects, but lately in Illustrator CS4 (just today, actually) the selection rectangle/border is no longer appearing when an item is selected. I double and triple checked the View/Hide Edges (Command-H) and it's definitely not that.

I tried trashing the preferences but that didn't seem to work. Is there something else I should try?

I'm running CS4 on a Dual 2.0 G5 PowerMac in Leopard (10.5.6).

This is really irritating, so thanks for any help.
TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Mar 11, 2009 Mar 11, 2009
View -> Show Bounding Box ( Shift - Command - B ) ?

RE

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

For you Windows users out there, the key sequence is:

Shift+Ctrl+B

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View -> Show Bounding Box ( Shift - Command - B ) ?

RE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @RazorsEdge !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKYOU VERY MUCH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I must have hit that key combination sometime today without realizing it. Believe it or not, but in all my years of using Illustrator, I don't recall ever using that command. Weird.

I feel like such a noob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened probably when you were trying to ungroup "SHIFT + COMMAND+ G" the B key is just under G so that could be it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone makes he same error somewhere along the line and the first time it happens you just can't imagine what happened. It is pretty universal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2009 Mar 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And then of course there's the Scale tool and you don't need bounding boxes to use that. Personally I have always disliked bounding boxes because of the visual clutter they cause, especially when working with type. It can sometimes be difficult to see whether you're dealing with point or area type if you've got bounding boxes running. But that's just a matter of taste and I'm sure a lot of ex-Freehanders will disagree with me. Can't be bothered to enter that minefield just now :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Can't be bothered to enter that minefield just now

Then why did you bring it up?

Fact is, FreeHand is less visually cluttered than AI.

JET

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, when I lost the bounding boxes, I had to use the Scale tool, which is usually fine. But it was slower than normal, and that was frustrating to me.

We all have our ways of working, and I try to do as much with as few tools as possible because it saves time and brain power (having to remember all the myriad tools and functions).

Thanks to all for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For you Windows users out there, the key sequence is:

Shift+Ctrl+B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for that! I was wondering why it was not working for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks You..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a superbug in AI. I wish one of their developers would look into this. I know what you are talking about and it just spontaneously happens! Yes, VERY annoying and slows down my work immensely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MDrewes  schrieb

I think this is a superbug in AI. I wish one of their developers would look into this. I know what you are talking about and it just spontaneously happens! Yes, VERY annoying and slows down my work immensely.

So you have an issue with Illustrator CS4? Because that's what this thread is about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 
it works 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BEST!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! TY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines