Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selection tool not selecting on stroke

New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings All,

I am currently using Illustrator CC version 24.1. I am unable to select an item by the stroke anymore, as I have been doing for many versions. Even when "Align Stroke" is set to the center of the stroke, it only lets me grab the object by the extremes of the stroke, as opposed to on the center line. This creates issues when aligning 2 objects, as they snap to the outer edges of the object's stroke as opposed to right on the stroke itself.

Is there a setting that I may have changed? Is this a new feature? As far as I can remember, I have always been able to select and manipulate an object by the center of the stroke this way. Please see the attached photo for a visual aid. I appreciate your time and any help on the matter!

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Well this is awkward, Figured out the setting that is making this occur. If this is happening to you head to:

Edit > Preferences > General > Uncheck Use Preview Bounds

That should do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well this is awkward, Figured out the setting that is making this occur. If this is happening to you head to:

Edit > Preferences > General > Uncheck Use Preview Bounds

That should do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines