Highlighted

Selection tool selecting the wrong text boxes / Text box is apparently larger than the bounding box?

New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on creating text-heavy PDFs/ebooks and for some reason my Selection Tool for text boxes isn't working. 

I can click each text box individually, but if I go to drag my mouse to select multiple objects, it selects textboxes that aren't even close to the objects I'm selecting. 

Below is a screenshot and here is a screen recording: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7idgy7gaz9pwln/AdobeIllustrator%20-%20Selection%20Tool%20Problem.mov?dl=0 

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 9.20.59 PM.png

Topics

Tools, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Selection tool selecting the wrong text boxes / Text box is apparently larger than the bounding box?

New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on creating text-heavy PDFs/ebooks and for some reason my Selection Tool for text boxes isn't working. 

I can click each text box individually, but if I go to drag my mouse to select multiple objects, it selects textboxes that aren't even close to the objects I'm selecting. 

Below is a screenshot and here is a screen recording: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7idgy7gaz9pwln/AdobeIllustrator%20-%20Selection%20Tool%20Problem.mov?dl=0 

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 9.20.59 PM.png

Topics

Tools, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could some text boxes on the left be grouped with those at the right page?

Any empty text frames? I think that's the case. Stop at 14" and the the large frame shows a widget center right of a Type area  text frame.

Select View>Outlines to see all frames.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines