Highlighted

selection tool wont move objects

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

My selection tool won't move objects. I can select them but not move them. when i try to move them by dragging i just get an error sound. i can resize and move it with the arrow keys, but it won't move when I use the mouse. i am using illustrator on cc and on a macbook pro.

thankyou

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

selection tool wont move objects

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

My selection tool won't move objects. I can select them but not move them. when i try to move them by dragging i just get an error sound. i can resize and move it with the arrow keys, but it won't move when I use the mouse. i am using illustrator on cc and on a macbook pro.

thankyou

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Object Selection by Path only option turned on or off in the Illustrator preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Photoshop running in the background and can you try and turn it off?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0