• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Send to back/front keyboard shortcuts not working in Illustrator

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until today I was able to send objects to front/back with the keyboard shortcuts, no matter if I had each object on separate layers. Now it only works if I go to the layers section and move the object from its own layer. Otherwise doesn't work. Does anyone have any idea why is that?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

As far as I recall these keyboard commands have always worked just for the layer that they are on. In other words an object on a lower level will not go to the front of an object on an upper level using the key commands. It will appear that the key commands are bringing the object to the front of an upper level object if the two objects are not actually overlapping one another.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I recall these keyboard commands have always worked just for the layer that they are on. In other words an object on a lower level will not go to the front of an object on an upper level using the key commands. It will appear that the key commands are bringing the object to the front of an upper level object if the two objects are not actually overlapping one another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. As Bill mentioned above, following shortcuts only work if the objects are in the same layer. 

Arrange Shortcuts.png

Let us know if you if have any additional questions, we'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem and I cant edit menu commands in keyboard shortcuts. Both selections on my artboard are on the same layer but I cant get the shortcut to work. I can use Object- Arrange- Bring to front or back... just no shortcut. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problema for me in Portuguese-BR keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, I solved the problem on a TR keyboard. Its Ctrl + Ü for bring front, Ctrl + Ğ for opposite. Just try Ctrl + ... combinations on your keyboard and you'll find the correct one eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, until the latest update the keyboard shortcuts for rearranging objects worked fine on my Czech keyboard. But after latest release these particular keyboard shortcuts stopped working. I've recently updated my MacOs to Monterey also, maybe the problem is there. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same to me... It looks like localized keyboard problem. After change to US it works, but you know... it’s a bad solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as for a sollution, I would recommend temporarily grouping those objects. They will probably go to the layer of the object that's on top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines