Highlighted

Send to back/front keyboard shortcuts not working in Illustrator

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until today I was able to send objects to front/back with the keyboard shortcuts, no matter if I had each object on separate layers. Now it only works if I go to the layers section and move the object from its own layer. Otherwise doesn't work. Does anyone have any idea why is that?

{Renamed by MOD}

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bill_Silbert | Adobe Community Professional

As far as I recall these keyboard commands have always worked just for the layer that they are on. In other words an object on a lower level will not go to the front of an object on an upper level using the key commands. It will appear that the key commands are bringing the object to the front of an upper level object if the two objects are not actually overlapping one another.

Topics

Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Send to back/front keyboard shortcuts not working in Illustrator

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until today I was able to send objects to front/back with the keyboard shortcuts, no matter if I had each object on separate layers. Now it only works if I go to the layers section and move the object from its own layer. Otherwise doesn't work. Does anyone have any idea why is that?

{Renamed by MOD}

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bill_Silbert | Adobe Community Professional

As far as I recall these keyboard commands have always worked just for the layer that they are on. In other words an object on a lower level will not go to the front of an object on an upper level using the key commands. It will appear that the key commands are bringing the object to the front of an upper level object if the two objects are not actually overlapping one another.

Topics

Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. As Bill mentioned above, following shortcuts only work if the objects are in the same layer. 

Arrange Shortcuts.png

Let us know if you if have any additional questions, we'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines