Highlighted

Send to back shortcut on Illustrator is not working on Windows 10 System

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last Illustrator update does the default shortcut for send to back not work anymore.

All the other shortcuts work fine and I know there are oher ways to send an object to the back but they are annoying laborious.

I dont want to change my hotkeys because I'm using Illustrator on multiple devises at school an also can't change the the settings there.

I am working an a Windows 10 system and hope someone of you can help me.

{Renamed by MOD}

I am working on the latest Version of Illustrator and have reinstalled it completely yesterday.

I checked many options and found out that the shortcut Shift+Ctrl+8 on the Numpad works.

The issue seems to come from my keyboard driver and I will use the Numpad Shortcut until it is fixed.

Thank you all for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Send to back shortcut on Illustrator is not working on Windows 10 System

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last Illustrator update does the default shortcut for send to back not work anymore.

All the other shortcuts work fine and I know there are oher ways to send an object to the back but they are annoying laborious.

I dont want to change my hotkeys because I'm using Illustrator on multiple devises at school an also can't change the the settings there.

I am working an a Windows 10 system and hope someone of you can help me.

{Renamed by MOD}

I am working on the latest Version of Illustrator and have reinstalled it completely yesterday.

I checked many options and found out that the shortcut Shift+Ctrl+8 on the Numpad works.

The issue seems to come from my keyboard driver and I will use the Numpad Shortcut until it is fixed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 03, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, by chance did you perform a clean installation of the software or did you do the update directly?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2019 0
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kon,

What is it doing instead (if anything)?

Please open your Layers panel and spin open the appropriate layer to watch it. When you choose Send to Back, does the object move at all in the stacking order within the layer?

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does nothing – but I can send it to back manually by right-clicking and arrangeing. Just the shortcut is not working.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2019 0
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting Preferences: How to set preferences in Illustrator

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks but I did. I think I have to reinstall…

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2019 0
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to run the Cleaner Tool first:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As per your query, send to back shortcut (Shift + Ctrl+ [ ) is not working in Illustrator, however, other shortcuts are working fine. That's definitely shouldn't be happening. To help you further on this we would need a few more details like:

• Version of Illustrator
  • Could you please confirm that other shortcuts with modifier key like Shift/ Alt / CMD/ CTRL are working?
  • Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, can you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us? You can upload it to the creative cloud and share the download link.
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does reinstalling Illustrator help resolve the issue?

Looking forward to your response!

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019 1
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that you are all set. Please feel free to update the discussion if you have any further information regarding this issue or if you have any further query.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a picture turning it to animation, but I have problem sending my shape to the back

It's not working even when I use the keyboard shortcut

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there perhaps multiple layers?

Please show us the artwork with the layers panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may sound dumb, but I have been suffering from this for over a year. When it happend it will sufddenly start working again and I have tried to figure out what the hell is causing it to turn off/on. Today I was having teh problem and I went to my layer, expanded my layer (down arrow) and then closed it  (up arrow) and it started working again. I don't get it....not sure it will work for you, but its got to be the lamest bug ever!! Good luck! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0