• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting Default PMS Color Book in Recolor

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to recolor a piece of artwork I go to edit and click on recolor artwork. I then get a pop up that I need to go to the middle of the page and click and chance to use the Color Book Pantone Solid to color my artwork to PMS. Once I set the color book to Pantone Solid is there a way to save this so it is the default and comes up every time. I would like it to always default to change the color from the Pantone Solid Color Book. See the attached picture to see the spot I am referring to.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Ah, OK. Thank you.

You cannot make custom presets in Recolor artwork. It hasn't changed since it's been introduced in version CS3. And there are a lot of things that would make sense.

So if you like, you could make a feature request. http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screenshot of the warning.

Please don't attach screenshots to post. Embed them in the post instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I tried the first time to drag and drop and it didn't work so thought I needed to attach.

Pantone Solid Color Book.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen that screenshot. It's only that it's very clumsy having to download it and then relaod the page to be able to answer (forum technical issues, not your fault).

I still don't get what you want to achieve with this and what the actual warning is that you receive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click to recolor a piece of artwork the box above is what pops up. There is a dropdown menu in the spot where I circled on the attached artwork. 

I have to hit the dropdown each time and select that I want to recolor the artwork as Pantone + Solid Coated. 

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to set the Pantone+Solid Coated as my default so I do not have to find this everything I am recoloring artwork.

Pantone Solid Color Book.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, OK. Thank you.

You cannot make custom presets in Recolor artwork. It hasn't changed since it's been introduced in version CS3. And there are a lot of things that would make sense.

So if you like, you could make a feature request. http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines