• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shading a portrait face

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use different layers and use blob brush with different low opacity, for creating shades on portraits. But the edges of the shades are not smooth.  Is there any way to achieve this? Thanks

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show these not-smooth edges?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would recommend using the Pen Tool to create your contour shapes. You may find it gives you more accuracy and control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I use pen tool for shading? whenever we draw using watercolor or pencil, we can create a smooth light and shade effect starting thick at the edges and then going thin. In Illustrator when I use blob brush with low opacity I try to achieve the shading effect. It is successful, by creating more layers with different opacity. To extend This is OK. But is there any other way to achieve the shade? not the sharp edges. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please show what you are doing, what you are not satisfied with, and what you would like to achieve instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines