• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

shape builder difficulty

Participant ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive been watching some tutorials about using the shape builder to create celtic knot designs.  The tutorials are very simple. You just use the SB tool to draw over the various sections that need to overlap etc.  However when I try it does not do what I want it to do. Instead it does erase the section but the edge stroke of the part that goes under gets a new stroke.  Not sure how else to explain it.  Please see image and you may understand what I mean.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cant see any edit button for this post so im adding this -  Ive also noticed the SB tool is deleting parts that when I am not holding the alt key and the + symbol is showing.  This does not make any sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the process -
Create circles with no fill. Overlap them. Outline stroke. Set fill to white. Select all shapes then draw through parts with SB tool to get required sections to overlap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines