Highlighted

Shape builder slowing down but only using 50% of memory

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, I'm working on a file at the moment where I've stupidly tried to hatch a complex plan in illustrator. I've run into the expected problems of massive amounts of slowing down when I'm using the shape builder tool, from what I can tell from previous forums illustrator uses what memory it can and there's no way to change the allocation however I'm finding illustrator is only using 50% of the memory. Is there any way to increase this or otherwise speed up shape builder? I've thought about duplicate lines which I'm fairly certain are a big problem with this file and what's slowing it down so much along with the high number of paths but if there was a way to increase the memory allocation it'd be great if I could just blast through the last of it without having to edit the base information which I think will probably take even more time. Any help would be really appreciated.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

I would try and not select them all atonce, but build this in smaller chunks.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Shape builder slowing down but only using 50% of memory

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, I'm working on a file at the moment where I've stupidly tried to hatch a complex plan in illustrator. I've run into the expected problems of massive amounts of slowing down when I'm using the shape builder tool, from what I can tell from previous forums illustrator uses what memory it can and there's no way to change the allocation however I'm finding illustrator is only using 50% of the memory. Is there any way to increase this or otherwise speed up shape builder? I've thought about duplicate lines which I'm fairly certain are a big problem with this file and what's slowing it down so much along with the high number of paths but if there was a way to increase the memory allocation it'd be great if I could just blast through the last of it without having to edit the base information which I think will probably take even more time. Any help would be really appreciated.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I think that's what I ended up doing. I think I just need to get more RAM to be honest

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0
Resources