Highlighted

Shape save to stroke is acting weird (Ai)

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on my character and saved arms and legs as a brush without trouble many times.

After I worked some more, I wanted to save the other leg as a brush*. Suddenly it just saved it to this huge stroke that looks nothing like my work.

I've tried 7 times now, and also tried to save other object to brush, with same weird result. I even restartet the program but it still won't help. What do I do wrong all of a sudden?

In my screenshot you can see the first stroke (on the left) I made without trouble, and then how the new one comes out (on the right).

*I called it stroke before, but realised it was brush, so I've changed it here. Sorry.

hanneh9290235_0-1594967669533.png

hanneh9290235_1-1594967679795.png

hanneh9290235_2-1594967692373.png

Topics

Bug, Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Shape save to stroke is acting weird (Ai)

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on my character and saved arms and legs as a brush without trouble many times.

After I worked some more, I wanted to save the other leg as a brush*. Suddenly it just saved it to this huge stroke that looks nothing like my work.

I've tried 7 times now, and also tried to save other object to brush, with same weird result. I even restartet the program but it still won't help. What do I do wrong all of a sudden?

In my screenshot you can see the first stroke (on the left) I made without trouble, and then how the new one comes out (on the right).

*I called it stroke before, but realised it was brush, so I've changed it here. Sorry.

hanneh9290235_0-1594967669533.png

hanneh9290235_1-1594967679795.png

hanneh9290235_2-1594967692373.png

Topics

Bug, Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us the options you set for the brush.

Please show us a screenshot of the appearance panel for that object

Please embed your screenshots, don't attach them

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't know how do things right 🙂

The screenshots are now embedded

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that there is some rather large stroke width applied or maybe an effect.

Can you check that in the appearance panel?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry the long wait, I got away from my computer in the weekend 🙂

I had the same suspision, but that does not seem to be the problem ither (I wish it was).

Below you can see my two leg brushes. Left is the "wrong" one" and the right one is the one is acting normal.

I tried to adjust on the weight of the stroke, but it only got thinner, the ends still looks disturbed compared to the right one. I also looked at the right one stroke. It also just got thinner, but it didn't transform the shape.

I also clicked on the different Cap and Corner possibilties, but that didn't do anything.

I'm so confused, I don't remember doing anything fancy with the program after the first normal brush safe 😕

hanneh9290235_0-1595227335498.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2020 0
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please upload the AI file to Dropbox or the like and post a link here?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the direction of your brush relative to the object:

Doug_A_Roberts_1-1594911108786.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the input but it doesn't seems to be the issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0