Shape Tool creating multiple shapes as I drag

Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just recently installed Illustrator 2021 25.0.1 and I keep getting this glitch (?) where as I drag, the shape tool is continously creating shapes with unision to the movement and speed of my mouse.  I can not figure out what is causing this to happen.  I have no third party programs. 

Any suggestions would be amazing!

Attached are two screenshots of my window to see the massive clump of shapes and the paths, which you can see the general movement of my hand and how it's being continuously made.

TOPICS
Bug, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Shape Tool creating multiple shapes as I drag

Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just recently installed Illustrator 2021 25.0.1 and I keep getting this glitch (?) where as I drag, the shape tool is continously creating shapes with unision to the movement and speed of my mouse.  I can not figure out what is causing this to happen.  I have no third party programs. 

Any suggestions would be amazing!

Attached are two screenshots of my window to see the massive clump of shapes and the paths, which you can see the general movement of my hand and how it's being continuously made.

TOPICS
Bug, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 15, 2020 0
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most common way to create this is to hold down the tilde key ( ~ ) while using the mouse. Is it possible that your tilde key is stuck?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is what I was thinking. Perhaps you need to clean the keyboard.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can also be other software interfering. Or some graphic tablet driver. Or a mouse driver.

So what kind of input devices are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0
Resources