Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shapes distorting when exporting to .dfx

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, i have major issue here;

I used AI to draw designs for a laser cutter. The operator wanted the file in .dfx, so i drew the design, exported it as dfx and sent it to the operator.

Now when i finally got the laser cut components, i noticed some issues, especially with circles; they were actually not circles, just holes without forms (see the first attached picture).

I opened the dfx file in freecad and checked if i had made a mistake but nope, looked like a perfect circle (see the second attached picture).

Another problem was a rounded edge rectangle part cut from the material. In AI, the curve looks perfect (see the third attached picture) but when viewed the dfx with freecad, it's anything but perfect (see the fourth attached picture).

So what's going on here? I live in Finland and the place where the cutting is done, is in Poland.. and with a two week lead time, there's not much room for trial and error

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here are the images

20201210_065322.jpg

20201210_090141.jpg

20201210_092915.jpg

20201210_093227.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines