Highlighted

Shapes in Adobe Illustrator not filling completely

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a logo and the color is not filling the shapes completely. Does anyone know why? I need the color to fill the entire outline. You can see on the right side of the shape below, along the curve, that the green color is not filling to the outline. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 8.25.51 AM.png

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Shapes in Adobe Illustrator not filling completely

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a logo and the color is not filling the shapes completely. Does anyone know why? I need the color to fill the entire outline. You can see on the right side of the shape below, along the curve, that the green color is not filling to the outline. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 8.25.51 AM.png

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 30, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you fill them? What zoom level are we looking at. This may either be a non-issue because of zoom precision or an issue if you use e.g. the sahpe builder and paint bucket tools, which create separate fill shapes. In the latter case refining the path by inserting additional points would improve matters.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. I filled them from the color swatches panel with a Pantone color. The image is at 1000% so the issue is more apparent. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it change if you use View > Preview on CPU?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 0
JeffLB1 LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I View Using GPU it looks better. I didn't see Preview on CPU. 

Adding points to curves helped in some areas, too, but not all. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 0